Washington's Visit Monument

Washington's Visit Monument

This monument commemorates President George Washington's visit to the battleground on June 2, 1791. This was President Washington's last official stop on his "southern tour" of the new country.

The inscription on the monument reads:

IN
PATRIOTIC COMMEMORATION
OF THE VISIT
OF
GEORGE WASHINGTON
ON HIS
TOUR OF THE
SOUTHERN STATES
1791

MARKED BY THE NORTH CAROLINA
DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
1925

All photographs 2005-2008
by  
Westfield, NC

Valid XHTML 1.0!  Valid CSS!

Powered by Sourwood Valley IT Services